Superior laser defence for drivers who want to safeguard their licence and wallets against costly fines. Detects Poliscan cameras, Trucam and Truspeed guns.
- Superior laser defence for drivers who want to safeguard their licence and wallets against costly fines
- Detects Poliscan laser cameras plus Trucam and Truspeed laser guns!
- Now with Parking Sensor Mode (see notes)
- Programmed for Australian & New Zealand conditions.
- The ZR5i Laser Defence System, with its high performance laser transceivers, provides the ultimate protection against police speed laser devices. Programmed for Australian and NZ conditions. The ZR5i kit includes (2) front-mounted laser sensors, panel mounted on/off switch, integrated speaker and volume control, modular connections, complete wiring harnesses and mounting hardware. By connecting the ZR5i Laser Defence System to selected Escort and Beltronics radar detectors (Escort 9500ci and Beltronics XRC Plus/Ultimate – see notes below) you now can have complete protection against all forms of radar and laser encounters. This combination of laser and radar detection is the best protection available! The ZR5i Laser Defence System provides both audible and visual alerts. The built-in speaker provides a warning tone once a signal is detected, while the power on/off LED flashes to let you know that it has detected a signal and is transmitting.
12 months hardware replacement warranty.
- The ZR5i is available as a Standalone kit or Bridge-box for system integration with the Beltronics XRC-Ultimate, XRC-Plus or Escort 9500ci. Parking Sensor Mode only available on the Standalone kit. Parking Sensor Mode is automatically enabled for 30 seconds when the unit is powered on.
Standalone kit vs Bridge-box:
- The Standalone kit gives warnings if there are any problems with any of the sensors or connections as well as an alert at the end of its jamming sequence once a laser alert has been triggered. The only visual alert is the LED on the power switch. However, if you use the ZR5i Standalone kit with XRC or 9500ci, set the radar detector to “laser alert only” you will still get a visual on the XRC/9500ci display. The Bridge-box will not give alert warning of wiring issues or faults with sensors or after jamming sequence is activated. With the Bridge-box integrated with an XRC/9500ci, you will see a visual warning on the radar detector display and an audible waring saying “front/rear laser shifting”. The XRC/9500ci must be set to “laser blocking mode” when using the Bridge-box. The Bridge-box version does not have Parking Sensor Mode.
- The front sensors should always face outward at an angle of 15-30 degrees, making sure both sensors are level with the ground. If using rear sensors, it is best to face the sensors outward approximately 30 degrees.
- These devices are designed as safety warning systems to give the driver advanced warning of speed measuring devices and traffic hazards. Escort and its partners in no way condone speeding or dangerous driving. These devices do not guarantee that you will not be detected and issued an infringement if driving outside the law. Escort and its partners are in no way responsible for the use/misuse of these devices, and as a result, will never offer reimbursement of speeding infringements for any reason.
The use of the radar and laser detection features may be illegal in some states. Check applicable laws before using. Escort and its partners cannot be held liable for the illegal use of radar and laser detection features by an owner in jurisdictions where it is prohibited.
- True laser sensors (ShifterPro)
- Operating wavelength 905nm
- Free software tools to adjust sun and receiver sensitivity, and other settings.
- Firmware upgradable.
- Comes with 2 front-mounted sensors
- Serial DB9 connector to PC
- Inputs for up to 4 laser transceivers
- Internal speaker with option to connect an external speaker
- Panel mounted on/off switch & power LED
- Volume control
- Radio mute output wire
- Mounting hardware
- Modular wiring
- Operating temperature: -25C to +80C
- Current Consumption:
- 2 sensors: 135 mA—560 mA
- 4 sensors: 185 mA—611 mA
- Dimensions: 80.3 mm (W) x 15.3 mm (H) x 22.7 mm (D)